Hey guys! I hope you enjoy my review of the Aveda Botanical Kinetics Energizing Eye Cream. Comment below this post if you need any more clarification; I’d be happy to help!
Skin type: Sensitive, combination (dry in winter, oily in summer, can get oily from the wrong products)
Skin concerns: Moderate acne, mild dark circles, mild bags, fine lines, easily irritated eyes
Climates I tested this in: Cold, dry, humid
Length of time tested: Over a period of several months
How often I used: Twice a day
How much I applied: A little less than a pea sized amount
- I actually DID notice a reduction in my bags on the first day of use (I thought I was just imagining things until I saw reviewers on Nordstrom saying the same thing!)
- texture is superb, feels light, creamy, and soaks in well
- lightly moisturizes but doesn’t leave an oily feeling
- wears great under concealer; ideal for daytime wear
- didn’t notice any strong smell
- doesn’t clog my pores around my eyes or cause irritation/redness (I’ve even used it on inflamed, irritated acne to help calm things down!)
- no harmful alcohol/fragrance
- the fact that it’s in a bottle, versus a jar, means light and most air will be kept out (prevents deactivation of ingredients)
- I didn’t notice a reduction in wrinkles or dark circles, any improvements were very slight
- for those of you who like that satisfying “thick eye cream” feel that’s super moisturizing, this won’t satisfy you
- ratio of price/quality/amount is ok ($35 for .5 oz)
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride is claimed to replenish the skin’s surface and resist moisture loss.
Shea Butter is claimed to be very moisturizing and soothing.
Licorice Root Extract is claimed to have skin-soothing properties for sensitive, reddened skin. In addition, it may be effective in improving the look of an uneven skin tone.
Caffeine is claimed to temporarily reduce dark circles and puffiness.
WHERE TO BUY
I bought the Aveda Botanical Kinetics Energizing Eye Cream from Nordstrom here.
Thank you so much for reading. If you have questions or comments, scroll down to submit them. <3