Hey everyone! Welcome to my review of the MAC Prep and Prime Fix+ Finishing Mist. Comment below this post if you need any more clarification; I’d be happy to help!
Skin type: Sensitive, combination (dry in winter, oily in summer, can get oily from the wrong products)
Skin concerns: Moderate acne, hyperpigmentation, redness, itchiness from products
Climates I tested this in: All climates
Length of time tested: Over the past year
How often I used: Once a day (morning)
How much I applied: A thin mist
- is very lightweight and watery; feels hydrating but doesn’t leave my skin feeling greasy
- creates a subtle glowy, radiant finish; makes my foundation and powder look more skin-like
- it contains several calming and healing ingredients, making it more beneficial than plain water
- if sprayed on your eyeshadow brush before applying shimmery eyeshadow, it amps up the pigmentation
- has a light, pleasant smell
- doesn’t clog my pores
- no harmful alcohol
- bottle is sturdy and has locking mechanism
- 2 size options: 1 oz. and 3.4 oz.
- the mist isn’t as fine and even as I’d expect from a mid-end product
- price/amount/quality ratio is ok ($12 for 1 oz., $24 for 3.4 oz.)
- this isn’t advertised as a setting spray, so if you’re looking for something that controls oil or makes your makeup last, this will likely disappoint
- contains “fragrance” (although it’s listed third to last and I didn’t experience irritation)
Glycerin is claimed to be skin-replenishing and restoring.
Cucumber Extract is claimed to repair and nourish skin.
Green Tea Extract is claimed to possess potent antioxidant and skin-soothing properties, and show significant promise for improving the appearance of sun-damaged skin. It’s also claimed to have anti-aging properties.
Caffeine is claimed to temporarily reduce redness and puffiness.
WHERE TO BUY
Thank you so much for reading. If you have questions or comments, scroll down to submit them. <3