Hey everyone! I hope you enjoy my review of the Paula’s Choice CLINICAL Ultra-Rich Soothing Body Butter. Comment below this post if you need any more clarification; I’d be happy to help!
Skin type: Sensitive, combination (dry in winter, oily in summer, can get oily from the wrong products)
Skin concerns: Moderate acne, hyperpigmentation, redness, itchiness from products
Climates I tested this in: All climates
Length of time tested: More than a year
How often I used: Twice a day
How much I applied: About a dime sized amount
This one is a little interesting because this is a body butter, but I use it on my face. Why? There’s more product for the money and I couldn’t tell much of a difference between this and their other similar moisturizer intended for the face (the CLINICAL Ultra-Rich Moisturizer). I emailed Paula’s Choice and asked what the difference was:
They replied, “These two CLINICAL products share the same base formula (core ingredients) but the Ultra-Rich Moisturizer was specifically formulated for dry to very dry facial skin. The Ultra-Rich Moisturizer has a richer assortment of skin-restoring ingredients and slightly higher amount of emollients and plant oils, as the face is always exposed to the elements and more prone to enhanced dryness. If you’re currently using the Body Butter as your facial moisturizer and like the results, stick with it. But you also may want to try the Ultra-Rich Moisturizer and see if you find that works even better for your face and neck.”
Very compelling indeed, but I think I will stick with the body butter for now.
- the most moisturizing facial moisturizer I’ve found yet
- doesn’t have a greasy feel after it absorbs and feels buttery
- actually calms the overall redness on my face immediately after it soaks in
- reduces inflammation and itchiness
- makes my “too-matte” foundations look more skin-like
- doesn’t cause my skin to get oily later in the day
- ratio of price/quality/amount is great ($19 for 4 oz)
- doesn’t clog my pores
- no harmful alcohol/fragrance
- is a thicker consistency, so you have to work it into your skin a bit before it completely absorbs
- because of its thickness, getting the last bit out of the tube is tricky (I just cut the top off and scooped it into an airtight container)
Shea Butter is claimed to be very moisturizing and soothing.
Oatmeal is claimed to soothe skin.
Avocado Oil is claimed to have antioxidant properties and is a good source of skin-replenishing fatty acids.
Jojoba Butter is claimed to be the fattiest portion of jojoba oil, used as an intensive emollient.
Mango Seed Butter is claimed to soothe skin.
Ascorbyl Palmitate is claimed to reduce environmental damage on the skin.
WHERE TO BUY
I bought the Paula’s Choice CLINICAL Ultra-Rich Soothing Body Butter from Paula’s Choice here.
HEADS UP! If you’re a new Paula’s Choice customer, get $10 off your order of $15 or more by using my refer-a-friend code here. If you do use this code, thank you!!
Thank you so much for reading. If you have questions or comments, scroll down to submit them. <3