Hey everyone! I hope you enjoy my review of the Paula’s Choice Hydralight One Step Cleanser. Comment below this post if you need any more clarification; I’d be happy to help!
Skin type: Sensitive, combination (dry in winter, oily in summer, can get oily from the wrong products)
Skin concerns: Moderate acne, hyperpigmentation, redness, itchiness from products
Climates I tested this in: All climates
Length of time tested: More than a year
How often I used: Once a day (night) and sometimes in the morning
How much I applied: About a quarter sized amount
Application method: With hands
- manages to be both moisturizing and cleansing
- doesn’t leave any oily or greasy residue, just a slightly moisturizing finish
- calms my skin and reduces redness IMMEDIATELY after use, even with my too-hot-showers (oops)
- has Niacinamide, one of my favorite ingredients for lightening hyperpigmentation
- takes off base makeup well (but I wouldn’t 100% rely on it, as using makeup remover beforehand lets the cleanser more easily reach your skin)
- texture has good slip and a little goes a fairly long way
- didn’t notice any strong smell
- ratio of price/quality/amount is great ($18 for 8 oz)
- doesn’t clog my pores or cause irritation/redness
- no harmful alcohol/fragrance
- bottle is sturdy plastic and the spout doesn’t feel like it’s going to break
- I prefer the texture of foaming cleansers and this one barely foams
- the firmness of the bottle makes it hard to squeeze every last bit out
Niacinamide is claimed to visibly improve the appearance of enlarged pores, uneven skin tone, fine lines, dullness, and a weakened skin surface.
Sodium PCA is claimed to be very hydrating and skin-replenishing.
Allantoin is claimed to be a skin-soothing and skin-conditioning agent.
Sodium Hyaluronate is claimed to be a salt form of the skin-replenishing ingredient hyaluronic acid; considered more effective for skin than pure hyaluronic acid due to its greater compatibility.
WHERE TO BUY
I bought the Paula’s Choice Hydralight One Step Cleanser from Paula’s Choice here.
HEADS UP! If you’re a NEW Paula’s Choice customer, get $10 off your order of $15 or more by using my referral code here. If you do use this code, thank you!!
Thank you so much for reading. If you have questions or comments, scroll down to submit them. <3