Hey everyone! Welcome to my review of the Paula’s Choice Redness Relief 1% BHA Lotion Exfoliant. Comment below this post if you need any more clarification; I’d be happy to help!
Skin type: Sensitive, combination (dry in winter, oily in summer, can get oily from the wrong products)
Skin concerns: Moderate acne, hyperpigmentation, redness, itchiness from products
Climates I tested this in: All climates
Length of time tested: More than a year
How often I used: Occasionally as needed
How much I applied: About a dime sized amount all over the face or a thin layer as a spot treatment
- non-drying and non-irritating, yet still effective
- GREAT for soothing and clearing itchy, irritated acne (click here to read how I use it for this)
- has an optimal pH range of 3.2–3.8
- contains some wrinkle-fighting ingredients
- lotion texture is super lightweight, doesn’t have a greasy feel after it absorbs
- doesn’t cause my skin to get oily later in the day
- ratio of price/quality/amount is good ($27 for 3.3 oz)
- doesn’t clog my pores
- no harmful alcohol/fragrance
- on its own, will most likely not be effective enough for severe acne
- spout can get slightly clogged from product drying up (but it can easily be wiped off)
Salicylic Acid is claimed to help to shed the unhealthy build-up of dead skin, help calm aggravated skin, help minimize the appearance of an uneven skin tone, and hydrate.
Green Tea Extract is claimed to possess potent antioxidant and skin-soothing properties, and show significant promise for improving the appearance of sun-damaged skin. It’s also claimed to have anti-aging properties.
Licorice Root Extract is claimed to have skin-soothing properties for sensitive, reddened skin. In addition, it may be effective in improving the look of an uneven skin tone.
Willow Herb Extract is claimed to have soothing and antioxidant effects on skin.
Beta-Glucan is claimed to have antioxidant properties and improve the look of redness and other signs of sensitive skin.
Allantoin is claimed to be a skin-soothing and skin-conditioning agent.
Lauric Acid is claimed to have skin-soothing properties, and some studies have shown it can also have antimicrobial activity.
WHERE TO BUY
I bought the Paula’s Choice Redness Relief 1% BHA Lotion Exfoliant from Paula’s Choice here.
HEADS UP! If you’re a new Paula’s Choice customer, get $10 off your order of $15 or more by using my refer-a-friend code here. If you do use this code, thank you!!
Thank you so much for reading. If you have questions or comments, scroll down to submit them. <3